become a silver social volunteer today
Make a difference to older people in your local community and become a Silver Social Volunteer, part of Breckland Council's Silver Social Project.
The Project is delivering an ambitious programme of daytime events to community venues across Breckland, promoting participation and independent living to older people in rural communities. Until 2020, workshops and performances held by professional artists are taking place in Ashill, Necton, Shipdham, Mattishall, Harling, Dereham, Attleborough, Swaffham, Watton and Thetford. We are looking for a team of enthusiastic and welcoming volunteers to help support the events in your area and ensure the Project reaches its target audience.
If you are passionate about empowering others and enhancing the events offering in your area, join us today.
Silver Social Volunteers
There are a number of ways you can get involved in the Project:
Promotion of events:
- Place flyers around your community to raise awareness of events
- Spread the word at your current group meetings and recommend sessions first hand
- Share our content on social media (if you have access)
- Welcoming artists and participants at performances and workshops
- Helping set up and clear away tables and chairs
- Organising refreshments (provided)
- Helping to clear away after events
Whether you are able to help with one or all of the above, we would love to hear from you.